“Pre-Primary is a welcoming place that engages each child”.
Johnson Grammar School ushers in a new concept in learning, working towards unfolding experiential learning. The classrooms are hubs of well planned activities that enable, empower and encourage young learners towards creative thinking.
“Children learn to work, play, co-operate and function in a group”.
The term Pre-Primary or Early Childhood Education refers to the education of the preschooler that is the child in the age of 3 to 5 years.
- From body talk to verbal communication;
- From strong reliance on outer controls to developing inner controls;
- From personal awareness to growing social concern;
- From clumsy coordination to more refined skills;
- From the here and now to a wider intellectual awareness and curiosity;
- From acquiring isolated facts to conceptualizing and developing a deepening interest in symbols.
Goal and Objectives
Considering both physical and mental development stages and other characteristics of the children of this age group, the goals and objectives of their education at this stage are broadly outlined as follows:
- All round integrated development with adequate attention to each and every domain.
- Development of good physique with adequate muscular co-ordination and basic motor skills.
- Development of good health habits and building up of basic skills necessary for personal adjustment such as dress, toilet, washing, eating etc.
- Development of emotional maturity by guiding them to express, understand, accept and control their feelings and emotions.
- Encouraging aesthetic appreciation.
- Stimulating intellectual curiosity and to helping them to understand the world in which they live and to foster new interest by giving opportunities to explore, investigate and experiment.
- Encouraging independence and creativity by providing sufficient opportunities for self-expression.
Improving communication skills by developing the children’s ability to express their thoughts and feelings through fluent, correct and clear speech.