Major Objectives of Academics
JGS envisions a vibrant and holistic school education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavour.
- To define appropriate approaches of academic activities, to provide stress free, child centered and holistic education to all children without compromising on quality.
- To adopt innovative methods to achieve academic excellence in conformity with psychological, pedagogical and social principles.
- To propose plans to achieve quality bench marks in school education consistent with national goals.
- Education plays the most important role in acquiring professional and social skills and a positive attitude to face the challenges of life.
- Curriculum is a comprehensive plan of any educational programme. It is also one of the means of bringing about qualitative improvement in an educational system.
- The curriculum has been designed to nurture multiple Intelligences like linguistic or verbal intelligence, logical, mathematical intelligence, spatial intelligence, musical, intra-personal intelligence and inter personal intelligence.
- The Primary curriculum aims to provide on board learning experience and encourages a rich variety of approaches to teaching and learning that cater for the different needs of individual children. The Primary curriculum is designed to nurture the child in all dimensions of his or her life.
- The emphasis is on concept formation, reasoning skills, problem solving and creative thinking.
- The core academic curriculum includes – English – as the 1st Language, Hindi or Telugu as 2nd Language, Hindi/Telugu/Sanskrit/French as 3rd Language from Class-IV onwards, Maths, Environmental Science, Science, Social Science, Art and Craft, Music, Dance, Sports Activities Life Skill activities play a vital role in the Personality Development of each and every student.
- Holistic development of each student is achieved through specially selected Extracurricular Activities.
Primary – Salient Features
- Academics integrated with activities.
- Emphasis on understanding and application.
- Individual attention to every student.
- Integration of technology in teaching and learning
- Learning beyond the text books – Integrating concepts of different subjects – to enhance collaboration, creativity.
- Developing qualities of leadership along with creative and aesthetic skills.
- Assessment is continuous and comprehensive.
- The objective is to assess the students understanding of the subject and the ability to apply knowledge, rather than rote learning.
Middle School (VI to VIII)
Middle school comprises of classes VI to VIII lays the solid platform on which academic delivery is focused. The subject horizons widen. Their abilities are channelized appropriately to enable them as responsive and motivated students through dynamic success oriented program, empowering students with a global perspective.
The core curriculum includes English as 1st language, Hindi or Telugu as 2nd language, Hindi/Telugu/Sankrit/French as 3rd language, Math, Science, Social Science. Apart from Scholastic areas co-scholastic areas like Life Skills. Scientific, Aesthetic skills, performing arts and crafts, Health and Physical education enrich the students overall personality.